Spring has sprung, and along with the warmer weather and lighter evenings comes that one thing that people either love or hate—spring cleaning. While you might assume that spring cleaning is limited to inside your home, it’s important to take your car into account when you plan out your cleaning schedule this year.
Winter is a dirty time, with salt and grit coating the outside and underside of your car for much of the season. That’s why it’s important for you to give your car a thorough scrubbing both inside and out. Consider these car spring cleaning tips from Steet Ponte Mazda before you get started…
- Clean under your floor mats. While you’re sure to remember to vacuum the carpets themselves, there’s almost certainly gunk underneath the mats that needs removing.
- Swap out your tires. If you switched to winter tires last fall, it’s time to switch back to your all-seasons.
- Check for trash. It’s easy to let stuff accumulate in your car over the winter, since it’s too cold to think about cleaning it out. Make sure you check in your trunk and under your seats, and get rid of anything you don’t need.
- Wash and wax. Washing is a given, but waxing is an important step you might not consider. Waxing helps seal the paint and repels water and other debris, so your car will look clean for longer.
- Clean the seats. If you have cloth upholstery, wipe it down with a hot, wet cloth. Avoid using chemicals—if you encounter a particularly stubborn stain, a little dish soap will work wonders. For leather upholstery, use leather cleaner and cloth to get your seats gleaming.
Spring is the perfect time for a fresh start, and your car is no exception. Make these five car spring cleaning tips a yearly habit and your car will thank you!