Enlisting a friend not only cuts the work in half, but also makes the time fly!
Spring has sprung, and along with the warmer weather and lighter evenings comes that one thing that people either love or hate—spring cleaning. While you might assume that spring cleaning is limited to inside your home, it’s important to take your car into account when you plan out your cleaning schedule this year.
Winter is a dirty time, with salt and grit coating the outside and underside of your car for much of the season. That’s why it’s important for you to give your car a thorough scrubbing both inside and out. Consider these car spring cleaning tips from Steet Ponte Mazda before you get started…
- Clean under your floor mats. While you’re sure to remember to vacuum the carpets themselves, there’s almost certainly gunk underneath the mats that needs removing.
- Swap out your tires. If you switched to winter tires last fall, it’s time to switch back to your all-seasons.
- Check for trash. It’s easy to let stuff accumulate in your car over the winter, since it’s too cold to think about cleaning it out. Make sure you check in your trunk and under your seats, and get rid of anything you don’t need.
- Wash and wax. Washing is a given, but waxing is an important step you might not consider. Waxing helps seal the paint and repels water and other debris, so your car will look clean for longer.
- Clean the seats. If you have cloth upholstery, wipe it down with a hot, wet cloth. Avoid using chemicals—if you encounter a particularly stubborn stain, a little dish soap will work wonders. For leather upholstery, use leather cleaner and cloth to get your seats gleaming.
Spring is the perfect time for a fresh start, and your car is no exception. Make these five car spring cleaning tips a yearly habit and your car will thank you!
Warm weather and sunshine is here to stay—we think! And while it’s important to enjoy the rays, you’ll probably also need to do a bit of spring cleaning. During the cleaning process, don’t forget your trusty car along the way. Show your car some love with some of the spring cleaning tricks below, courtesy of all of us here at Steet Ponte Mazda.
- Take out all the garbage. Let’s face it: you might be a hoarder. Time to pick up all those used tissues, old fries, and empty soda cans, and throw them away/recycle them! It’ll make the remaining processes so much easier.
- Take out everything else. Really examine the things you keep in your car and think to yourself, “Do I need all this in here?” Put the stuff you don’t need in storage or in the trash, and save the rest of the stuff somewhere safe while you clean out your car.
- Clean the car, inside and out. Run your car to the local carwash or wash it from home, being sure to get rid of all the dirt and salt from the winter. Then clean the inside with a vacuum, and even take the mats out to clean with a carpet cleaner. Also be sure to clean the insides of your windows with a good car-window cleaner.
- Change the windshield wiper blades. Chances are, rain is coming—and lots of it. If your wipers are leaving streaks, it’s time to replace those bad boys.
- Bring your car in for scheduled maintenance. While you’re at it, be sure you check to see if your car is scheduled for any maintenance. If it is, bring it down to Steep Ponte Mazda, which boasts the finest service department in Yorkville, New York.
- Organize your car effectively. Now that your car is sparkling on the outside and no longer has that horrid smell on the inside, it’s time to reload your car with all the items you deemed necessary to keep in there for the ride. Just try to keep them more organized this time around!
Do you have other spring cleaning tricks for your car? Share them with us in the comments below!
Tags: car cleaning tips
, car wash
, spring cleaning
, spring cleaning tips
, spring cleaning your car
, spring service
, Steet Ponte Mazda